She started out as a sketch on tracing paper, just like last year. I decided on an Elizabethan style queen and initially sketched out a castle along with her….but I changed my mind on the castle later on.
After the basic sketch was done, I made a copy of it, and began drawing in all of the details of her costume, adding candy corn wherever I could.
Instead of a crown, I drew a rose that matched the rose pattern on her under-dress, and put it in her hair
I cut her out, made some more copies, and started playing around with some different color combinations. It’s amazing how many different ways you can color something with just black, yellow, and orange.
A more serene background, with a large moon and birds flying in the distance, allows the queen to become the central focus of the picture.
I think I might need some better glasses! Good grief, I was going cross-eyed coloring these tiny candy corn!
At this point I thought she needed something else to make her costume fancier.
Then I remembered “Hello Doily!” I ordered this stamp from Stampin’ Up a few weeks back and hadn’t used it yet.
Used my extra small x-acto knife to cut out her finger just enough to ‘hold’ the fan handle.
Used some ‘Black Soot’ Distressing Ink to color the background. These inks have become one of my all time favorite products ever, I use them constantly.
You know I do.